Friday, July 27, 2018

E-PBCS Tricks - Navigation Flows

We all love Navigation Flows,,don't we? Sometimes we have to deal with a number of Navigation Flows per user role (Planners,,,Super Users,,etc) and if you don't take a sound design approach you may end up with a lot of repetitive and manual work to maintain them.

In this post I'll show a simple and efficient way to handle multiple Navigation Flows and Data Forms. I'll start with my data forms. I have three data forms I want to group in a Card for ease of access.




This Card is going to be visible to both Planners and Super users. It's a simple Card as shown here.




I'm going to create a Global Navigation Flow which will act as my source Navigation Flow. I've created the card "Actual vs Plan" in Global, as you can see it's "Inactive" but that is not going to be a problem.




I also have the two main Navigation Flows (Planners and Super Users) and both are having the card "Actual vs Plan" Card as a local Existing object referencing Global Navigation Flow.






So, If I switch to a "Super User" Navigation Flow I'll get to see the card.




Same applies to "Planners" Navigation Flow.




So far so good,, it's straight forward and simple. Here comes the beautiful part, what if you have a lot of changes to the Card (re-ordering forms, adding new forms  etc)... good thing is that you don't need to go to every Navigation Flow and update the Card, you just update the master Card in "Global" and updates will be rolled-out to the flows.

So if we want to add a new tab/form "IT", simply go to "Global" Navigation Flow and update the Card.



We just need to "Reload Navigation Flow" and that's it.


Users can see the new tab.



Voila, that's it!

In this example I just showed a Card with three forms and two Navigation Flows, in reality you might have a lot more than that, so this is certainty a great way to manage your Navigation Flows.


4 comments:


  1. Such an informative post. Thank you for sharing
    EPM Consultant

    ReplyDelete
  2. repliche moncler giacche, che unisce stile elegante e tecnologia all'avanguardia, una varietà di stili di repliche moncler bambini giacche, il puntatore cammina tra il tuo stile di gusto esclusivo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you form sharing such great information. It is very useful information on this website.
    artificial turf dealers near me
    artificial grass contractors near me
    indoor vertical garden

    ReplyDelete