Friday, May 3, 2019

Enterprise Performance Reporting Tips - Drill to Content

It's been a while since I last wrote a blog, I've had a couple of drafts that needed my attention but thanks to a busy schedule at work and my Ultra Trail Australia 100 training (I'm running it in two weeks) I had to put it on hold. Good thing I'm now tapering and I no longer have to run crazy long runs in the weekends.

Back to the post, I don't know if you've been using Enterprise Performance Reporting's Management Reporting lately, but if you're not then it's time to consider the tool! I will not go in details and describe the pros and cons of the tool compared to Web Reporting Studio, I will only say it has great potential and it's looking great already.

One of the best things about EPRCS is connectivity to different sources of data,  so you can create a data connection to build a report from:

1. Financials Cloud GL
2. EPBCS
3. FCCS
4. PCMCS

And this also means you can combine different grids/data sources in the same report and that's pretty awesome.

In this post, I'm going to write about the Drill to Content feature which can be useful if you have multiple environments and you want to drill back to the source environment from EPRCS.

Let's get on with it, here is a list of my data sources.



I'll create a very simple report using EPBCS as a data source.






I'll edit the grid in the report and click on the cell I want the Drill to Content link to appear on, go to "Drill to Content" and add the connection details.





After saving the report you will notice the Drill to Content indicator on the cell.



Click on it and you're taken back to EPBCS.


Very simple and handy at the same time.

Hope this helps.


3 comments:

  1. I like your post very much. It is very much useful for my research. I hope you to share more info about this. Keep posting EPBCS training
    EPBCS Online Training
    EPBCS Training

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Nice article,Thank you for sharing this awesome blog.
    Keep updating...

    Cognos tm1 training

    ReplyDelete