Monday, July 18, 2022

Enterprise Profitability and Cost Management (EPCM) - REST API - Calculate Model

 I found a typo in the Calculate Model REST API  in EPCM documentation that made go around in circles for a couple of hours trying to figure out what exactly is the problem! I already got in touch with the Oracle team in charge of the documentation and they are going to update the documentation at some point, so this post is about navigating such issues in the futures.


So the doco says the parameters (jobType and jobName) are required and their values must be "Calculate Model"



However, when I first tried to use this API using the exact same information, I got the following error:

"A job with name Calculate Model and type Calculate Model was not found. Try again with a valid job name and type"




Here comes the going around in circles bit, I'm following the exact instructions provided in the documentation so I thought there must be a typo somewhere, so what is the best way to find out the issue? EPM Automate commands is the correct answer, I know there is "calculateModel" epm automate command so I thought I will run the command, analyse the logs, and search for the correct parameter values.

After doing so, I found out the correct parameter values for jobName and jobType is "Calculation", not "Calculate Model" as per the screenshot below:

So I updated my REST request and replaced "Calculate Model" with "Calculation" and, Voila! it worked like a charm!








No comments:

Post a Comment