This post is about some tips on how to successfully deploy Essbase 21c marketplace offering in OCI.
Thanks to OCI's Resource Manager, this task is straight-forward and is not time-consuming. That said, it is easy to miss a single step and ending up spending hours troubleshooting an issue you shouldn't have in the first place.
The pre-deployment configuration steps are as follows:
- Create compartment
- Create a vault, encryption key, create secrets for your admin passwords and note down the OCID.
- Decide on your database option for RCU schemas (you can use an existing database or create a new database as part of the stack deployment)
- Create dynamic groups and policies
- Configure IDCS if needed (in this case, I'm using embedded LDAP since it is a Dev environment. For Production environments, you need to configure IDCS application and users)
- Create a dynamic group
- Add "Essbase-Dev2" compartment to the matching rules of the group
- Create specific policies as instructed in Essbase deployment documentation